5 Things That Inspired Me This Week 10/2/15
Below is my usual list of things that inspired me to be healthier and happier this week. Plus it includes a short-ish recap of a recent trip to Milwaukee. Feel free to share what inspired you this week in the comments section!
Last weekend, my husband and I, along with our friends Ben and Dana, went on a road trip to Milwaukee. None of us had been before and it was full of adventures — starting off with our airbnb almost being at a boarded up house in a not-so-great part of town! Here were some of my favorites:
- The Milwaukee Public Market: enjoyed an amazing Asian wrap and half a slice of decadent french silk pie — I could live off those two vendors alone for the rest of my life.
- All of the Historic Third Ward (where the Public Market is).
- Walking around the outside of the Art Museum; it looks like a giant cruise ship. Plus there were about 5 different bridal parties that we saw taking pictures, so there was great people watching!
- The Safe House: A spy-themed restaurant hidden in an alley. You have to do some type of embarrassing stunt to get in if you don’t know the password — then once you’re inside, you realize the whole restaurant watches! Very fun. Oh and the exit which we almost gave up on was also very cool, but I won’t spoil anything!
- Lakefront Brewery Tour: ranked 4th best brewery tour in America by Trip Advisor.
- Hammerschlagen — Okay, so this is apparently a drinking game where you have to hammer a nail into a tree trunk one turn at the time. The last one to get the nail all the way into the trunk buys a round. Safe, right?
- Playground workout: we stayed about a quarter mile from a park so we walked there to get our circuit training on. It was a nice change of pace and went by quickly.
When your knee, thigh and feet hurt, you know it’s time for a new pair of shoes. I cannot stress enough the importance of a good pair of shoes for working out. Go get properly fitted to save yourself from injuries.
I finally bit the bullet and got my own tea kettle. I didn’t want more appliances sitting out in our tiny kitchen, but decided coffee maker and microwave hot water was just not cutting it anymore as we dive into colder weather. So, I now have a little sunshine sitting on the stove and can make tea all day, everyday!
My mother-in-law gave me this diffuser case for my birthday and I can now easily transport my diffuser + 8 oils. I diffused purification and lemon the first night in our room in Milwaukee to get rid of any germs. Then thieves the second two nights to keep our immunity up. I enjoyed having it with me!
Bonus: Home Workouts from the Week
HIIT to be Fit 30 minute strength — holy legs.
Leave a Comment